Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with my Time Capsule since updated to Mountain Lion

Since I have updated my MacBook Air (late 2010 model) to OS X Mountain Lion, I am experiencing problems connecting my Macbook Air to Time Capsule and experiencing problems in Time Machine copies to the Time Capsule:

1.- When I turn on my computer, Time Machine starts working, taking a lot of time searching the backup disc (my Time Capsule), then appears an error message (Can not find the disk or it says that the Time Capsule is already in use);

2.- After several attemps (restarting the computer and restarting the Time Capsule), sometimes Time Machine starts to work, but it shows that it has to copy approximatly 28 G. Also the copy is to slow (it only copied 500 Megabytes in two days).

In the meanwhile the Time Capsule light is turned on (green) - so it seems the Time Capsule is working normally an the problem would be Time Machine.

I would not like to restart everytime my Time Capsule or restart my computer in order to make Time Machine works. I would really appreciate help for solving this problem (I apologize for my so basic English).

My Airport Utility Version is 6.1 (610.31)

My Time Capsule Version: 7.6.1.

My Computer: MacBook Air (late 2010)

My System: OS X Mountain Lion (when I used OS X Lion all was working normal)

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:24 PM

The first backup after an update will be quite slow (but shouldn't be anywhere near that slow). And the searching on the backup disk will have to be repeated on every backup attempt until one completes normally.

Connect to the TC via an Ethernet cable.

Also see the green box in #D2 of Time Machine - Troubleshooting. Something there may help get back on track.

(and your English is fine -- better than many who speak it natively, I'm sorry to say.)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2012 5:24 PM in response to Antuco

The first backup after an update will be quite slow (but shouldn't be anywhere near that slow). And the searching on the backup disk will have to be repeated on every backup attempt until one completes normally.

Connect to the TC via an Ethernet cable.

Also see the green box in #D2 of Time Machine - Troubleshooting. Something there may help get back on track.

(and your English is fine -- better than many who speak it natively, I'm sorry to say.)

Aug 3, 2012 5:08 PM in response to Pondini

Thank you very much Pondini !!!

Your advice was very good !! I think I will move my TC to another better and faster wireless connection. With your advice and specially the complete web page you have sent, I think the problem is in my too slow wireless connection. After this weekend I will tell you how the backup works in my home Wi Fi faster connection.

Thanks again for your help and best regards,

Antuco

Aug 4, 2012 5:51 AM in response to Pondini

Thank you Pondini !!

Finally did it in my home wireless connection !! And only in few hours !!, although when I connect my MacBook Air via ethernet to the TC (ethernet port) there is no internet signal (dont know the reason), so I did it without the ethernet connection.

Really dont know what was happening with my office wireless connection (it would be faster than my home connection).

I appreciate to much your help and concern.

Antuco

Problems with my Time Capsule since updated to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.