Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem downloading music with iTunes gift card

I was able to redeem my iTunes gift card but now when I select a a song to download I get error message .

MZ.commerce.creditbalance

Mismatch.mobile_message.

Why is this happening?

iPhone 4S, iOS 4

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:59 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2012 11:13 PM in response to Pbenes2012

Been getting this all night too! Download one song and have to logoff and restart new iPad then download next one... Then get error again... Repeat and continue.

This is crazy! Obviously a big bug somewhere!

Have 10 more songs the wife wanted on her iPhone but think I'll surf the online radio for them as its taking way too long restarting iTunes each time tonight. Hope they fix the bug as they are losing $$ from the purchases I can't make!

Aug 3, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Pbenes2012

I just got this message on my iPhone 4S while trying to download a FREE app. (I had just d/l a $0.99 app a few minutes before). I had a credit on my account, and got this error message. I signed out of my iTunes account under settings (as suggested by trotti) on my phone, re-signed in, and was able to download it.

I'm not sure where the bug came from, but it's pretty major. I haven't recently installed a new OS on my phone or anything. Perhaps it's something on the iTunes/Apple store side?

Problem downloading music with iTunes gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.