Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio when Airplay Mirroring from Mac to Apple TV

I have a 2011 MBP running Mountain Lion and the latest ATV. When I use airplay mirroring I can see the display on my TV but no audio. It works just fine if I airplay from itunes, just not when I have a quicktime movie playing and try to mirror my desktop. I even tried manually changing the output selection from internal speakers to Apple TV in audio preferences, but for some reason it wouldn't let me. It kept just switching back to internal speakers. Please Help!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:42 PM

I had this same problem and I think I just found a solution. Turn on your Apple TV. BEFORE turning on the mirroring, change the output audio on your computer to Apple TV in System Preferences. After that, turn on the mirroring and the sound should be coming out of your tv.

Again, if you don't change the output before mirroring it will not work.

Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2012 9:42 PM in response to tdnorton

I had this same problem and I think I just found a solution. Turn on your Apple TV. BEFORE turning on the mirroring, change the output audio on your computer to Apple TV in System Preferences. After that, turn on the mirroring and the sound should be coming out of your tv.

Again, if you don't change the output before mirroring it will not work.

Hope this helps.

No Audio when Airplay Mirroring from Mac to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.