Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I see ANY previous purchases under the "purchased" tab?

I bought the new ipad and was using the app store to locate previous apps under the "purchased" tab just fine. I left the house and went to dinner, came back and tried to continue only to see an empty screen under the purchased tab. I can go hunt around for the apps through the store but that's incredibly inconvenient. I turned on icloud. I even tried wiping the entire ipad and reseting to defaults, but its gotten me no where. Any thoughts/ideas? Googling this has been rather unproductive. Thanks for your help!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:40 PM

15 replies

Aug 2, 2012 10:08 AM in response to Ben.RN

I have an iPad 2 with latest updates and just changed my Apple ID from hotmail.com to outlook.com. As I changed the app store to the outlook domain address, I also got a blank on the purchased tab. Ironically, the icons are still there, but not visible. If you tap empty space, you do select a purchased app, because it goes to its listing window in the AppStore. Not sure if this was there before I made the hotmail/outlook Apple ID switch or was a result of action taken. Solutions to get back the purchased list???

Aug 4, 2012 5:51 AM in response to Exbuster

I have an iPad 2 and am having the same problem. I discovered the eerie ability to tap on the blank screen and have an individual app appear. I can't update current apps nor download new apps either. The only way I am able to do anything is if I am hooked up to my laptop. I have tried restoring, resetting, looking at my sign in information to make sure everything is the same, etc. To no avail. I haven't called apple tech yet as it appears now I'm not the only one and this seems to be an iPad specific problem. If anyone hears anything or figures it out I'm sure we will all consider you our Hero for sharing!!!!

One more observation and question: I can't remember if this was the case; when I go to settings and click on iCloud it lists everything except the apps. Didn't they used to be listed on there also? I'm wondering if its the Cloud causing some of the problems. If I don't get this resolved soon I think I'm going to delete my iPad from the Cloud and see if that changes anything.

Why cant I see ANY previous purchases under the "purchased" tab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.