Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water Damage. HELP

My cat just jumped onto my desk and knocked over a full cup of tea, spilling it all over the side of my Macbook Pro causing liquid to go into the USB port and all the other ports. It turned off IMMEDIATELY and is completely unresponsive. I have used hair dryer to blowdry it and turned it upside down to try and get all the water out.

Is there anything else I can do at all to try and help it?

I'm going to take it into the genius bar tomorrow...

ANY advice would be greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:59 PM

You best bet will be the Genius Bar - I wouldn't try to do anything else at this point. There's no telling what will have to be replaced and, even if you're under warranty, Apple won't repair liquid damaged units gratis.

Sorry,

Clinton

10 replies

Aug 1, 2012 9:25 PM in response to AmiElla

Do people suggest taking the battery out? Would this greatly increase the chance of recovery?

I'm unfamiliar with the technical workings of the macbook and I don't want to inflict any further damage to it by doing something wrong so I have been cautious about taking the battery out but if it'll make a big difference then I will!

Thanks!!

Aug 1, 2012 10:31 PM in response to AmiElla

You'll be fine......Accidents do happen and don't feel too bad about it......It happens to the best of us once in a while......

If it would make you feel better, went white water rafting and forgot I had me new $2K Nikon DSLR with me.....Long story short, it's still under the river to this day.....Lesson learned - water and electronics do not make a good match...

Aug 1, 2012 10:39 PM in response to Bimmer 7 Series

Thank you! You're right, just part of life and it could be much, much worse, least it's just technology and nothing more important, just money when it comes down to it and that isn't the be all and end all.

Saying that though so sorry to hear about your camera, must have been devastating, just gotta think of the bigger picture ultimately I suppose, least it isn't you at the bottom of the river! (bit dramatic but you know). Hope you didn't feel too awful afterwards, or least only for a short while...

Thanks 🙂🙂

Water Damage. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.