Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my library has been transferred to the trash without reason.

I'm having a problem with my iPhoto library. I imported a large number of files from an external SD memory card. As always, iPhoto created a new event when adding the new photos. After finishing the process of importing the photos, all of the old photos that existed withing other events where displaced to the trash without reason. I have tried several times to "put them back" to their corresponding locations but they always return to the trash. The events keep existing, but according to iPhoto, there are cero photos in them. I would like to know waht should I do in this case. I want to return my photos to their corresponding events.

- Thank you

iPhoto '11, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:42 PM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2012 11:32 PM in response to JJGuzmanA

Sounds like your database is damaged.

Surefire fix: Restore from your back up

Or

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In Library Manager it's the FIle -> Rebuild command)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

All of my library has been transferred to the trash without reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.