Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Evernote vs Notes

I've been using the free edition of Evernote but I don't really take advantage of all of its features like photos, voice memos etc. Is it redundant to have Evernote and is it best to just stick with the Notes app that is resident on iPhone? Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, 16 GB

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 5:00 AM

You're really the only person who can truly answer that. Evernote is not primarily a note taking program. Yes, it can do that but it's really designed for clipping web information, storing documents and searching for them very well. If you are just taking notes, you may not need it. But, it's free so pick whichever one you like using better.

I use Evernote because it allows me to seamlessly access my notes from my computer, my iPhone, my iPad and my HTC Rezound (or whatever other phone work has seen fit to give me). I make extensive use of it for clipping information from web browsers. Using ifttt.com, I also use it to back up my twitter stream, anything I post to Instagram.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2012 5:00 AM in response to bartonfive

You're really the only person who can truly answer that. Evernote is not primarily a note taking program. Yes, it can do that but it's really designed for clipping web information, storing documents and searching for them very well. If you are just taking notes, you may not need it. But, it's free so pick whichever one you like using better.

I use Evernote because it allows me to seamlessly access my notes from my computer, my iPhone, my iPad and my HTC Rezound (or whatever other phone work has seen fit to give me). I make extensive use of it for clipping information from web browsers. Using ifttt.com, I also use it to back up my twitter stream, anything I post to Instagram.

Aug 2, 2012 5:47 AM in response to bartonfive

If neither of those does what you particularly want, there are only about a million (or at least, quite a few) note apps in the app store. Some you may want to look at are Awesome note or Notebooks, and there are many, many more. Some allow wifi sharing, some integrate with iCloud, some with Dropbox or Google Docs and/or other online storage - all sorts of combinations of features and functions.

I like Awesome Notes and have used it since it first came out - I use one of my Google accounts for online doc storage (it will also sync with your evernote account). You can also backup and sync over wifi, or through iTunes, passcode lock the app, create reminders with notifications and probably many other things I have never investigated.

Check out some of the apps in the store and read some reviews to find the note app that works best for your needs and wants.

Evernote vs Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.