Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webdav authorizations

Hi,

After upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion a lot of my webdav folder authorizations disappeared. Some folders are still accesable and some not. Besides the migration nothing has been changed to the server (mac mini mid 2011). When I look in the server administrator all authorizations are okay.

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Regards,

Cees Berens

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 5:48 AM

5 replies

Aug 9, 2012 4:51 PM in response to CeesBerrens

Call me dumb but...

I just upgraded my Snow Leopard Server to Mountain Lion Server. In SLS, I set up a URL called documents.<domain>.com and in the Web service pointed the URL to where my documents were and turned on WebDAV. To reach the file share from a Mac, we connected to server using htp://documents.<domain>.com.

NOW, in MLS, the WebDAV option does not exist in Web service. Instead, you create a Share with WebDAV as one of the access protocols.

Here's the dense part - what is the bloody URL that you use to reach this share that has WebDAV access turned on for?

Sorry - it is probably obvious. From above it looks like <servername>.<domain name>.com but not quite sure.

Thanks!

Webdav authorizations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.