Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync my apps from my iPhone to my iPad

I just got the new iPad and I do not know how to sync the apps from my iPhone to my iPad. I tried connecting my new iPad to my computer and syncing it to iTunes to see if it would automatically sync it up with everything from my iPhone but all it did was sync the music. Also I do not have the cellular part hooked up to my new iPad and I still have to go to the Verizon store to have them activate it, so I'm wondering if after they activate it that all my apps and info from my iPhone will sync or transfer to my iPad but I'm not sure. What do I Need to do in order to sync up my iPhone and IPad?

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 4:44 PM

I have the same games on both iPad and iPhone, but game pLay does not sync..

For example, when I pLay "matching with friends"'on my iPad and iPhone the peopLe I pLay against are totaLLy different..now where before I was pLaying the same matches on both iPhone and iPad..

How can I sync my gamepLay..?

12 replies

Aug 2, 2012 6:38 AM in response to 90MacUser22

No. When you plug in your iPad, go through each tab slowly. Under apps, hit sync apps(check), and select what apps you want to sync. Do this for the rest of the tabs. If its not checked it won't sync. Then when your done hit sync. On your iPhone and iPad go into settings, store, and make sure automatic downloads are on. When you download an app, it will also download on the other device.

Aug 2, 2012 6:39 AM in response to 90MacUser22

Do you want to make a complete sync (all games' with the game state, for example), or, just installing the same apps as on your iPhone?

If the latter (let me know if you also need info on doing the former), I recommend using the desktop iTunes. If you haven't used it to sync apps, click the "Download all" button under iTunes Store / Purchased / Apps

User uploaded file

(Full-res image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13100693/html/042012RetinaHDVideoPlayers/downlaod-all-i n-apps-itunes.png )

Then, just synch these apps to your iPhone under the Apps tab.

Nov 30, 2012 1:33 AM in response to GatesForShort

I was just looking GatesforShort in to this very issue and worked it out.

Go to itunes when you ipad is attached in the file sharing section click the app and select the document/s on the right save it to a location in your computer. with the save to button.

then disconect ipad and connect iphone go to itunes file sharing select the same app and then on the document section to the right select the add button find the file you just saved from the ipad on your compiuter and presto it appears on the other device. depending on how the developer created the back up file will depend on how successful it syncs, one app i have they have put pics in th efolders instead of having only one sql file and it doesnt sync th eimages. see you you go.

Nov 2, 2013 11:14 PM in response to Menneisyys

Ok then how do you do the former? Because before i use ipad only and it was so wonderfully useful, but now i got an iphone also and i feel like i get less from both then was from one. I save one thing in one then something else in the other one, becaue sometimes you just cant use big ipad, next time i try find it and its hard. I think it should be like an option in setting.

How to sync my apps from my iPhone to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.