Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network profile errors after upgrading to Mountain Lion?

I'm running a late 2011 Mac Mini Server (Lion Server) and a combination of 10 Mac Minis and iMac computers that all had Lion from the factory. I just upgraded all of them to Mountain Lion and am getting profile errors. Some software can't open some can't install. I also upgraded the Mac Mini server to Mountain Lion with the server App so that everything is running up to date.

When trying to install Spotify, I get the following error-

"WARNING: Unable to initialize the storage of temporary files"

When trying to open iTunes, I get the following error-

"The iTunes file is locked, you do not have write permission for this file"

When opening Google Chrome, I get the following error-

"Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents"

Google chrome eventually opens after clicking the OK button, but I'm sure something in the background isn't running properly.

I already tried installing the .DS Store Remover, and that worked for all but one computer. Seems like only the network user profile is affected, not the local administrator profile. I also did a disk permission fix and that didn't help either.

Anyone have a clue on what's going on? I expect this kind of painful migration from Windows, but not from OS X.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 10:13 AM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2012 10:17 AM in response to javigh123

It really sounds like a permission error...with the iTunes are all the computer accessing the same library or are they store locally, or does every user have their own iTunes Library. I have the same problem on my home computer and its usually because we use fast user switching and the other person logged in has itunes open and we share a library. Not sure exactly how the permissions work on the server but that is where I would start.

Network profile errors after upgrading to Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.