7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 5:38 AM by petitsuix
HenryS Level 2 (295 points)

I can't get the iPhoto picture to show up for selection when inserting an image in an address. See the attached menu, not the list of options on left contains no way to access iPhoto images. Is there any way to search for and add an iPhoto picture withe the Addressbook dialog (this used to work fine in Lion and earlier version of Addressbook). Drag and drop seems the only workaround. I'd think that since the old method allowed opening of iPhoto library and browsing for an image to insert. Why was this deleted?

H

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 2.08.06 PM.png

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2GB RAM, 500GB HD
  • Colin Robinson Level 6 (8,315 points)

You only get this option (Faces):

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 20.27.12.png

If the name in the card matches that in the Faces section in iPhoto.

• HenryS Level 2 (295 points)

The card I was editing has a "Faces" connection but still the Faces item did not appear. Moreover, the image cannot be as freely edited as before- you can't delete an inserted picture without replacing it, can't insert a new picture by searching for it as easily. It's just disappointing. What ever happened to "Just Do It". On the iCloud version, these features DO WORK. On the Mac... Clunky. Wow!

• InesP94 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't have this option to go to the tab 'Faces' I am on mountain lion and I have the latest macbook pro 13", what am I doing wrong?

P.S. I checked that the names cheched out but it doesn't work, not even with my own card...

Colin Robinson wrote:

You only get this option (Faces):

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 20.27.12.png

If the name in the card matches that in the Faces section in iPhoto.

Not disagreeing with you Colin, just sayin' that the web version (Cloud version) works differently, this seems weird because I don'r remembeer this ever working that way (in Lion or previous OS's)! Why change something that ain't broke? And it's far more user friendly the old way, on the iPad.

Why they did this in this ML release is beyond me. I actually never tried this before someone pointed it out to me.

Henry

• HBO1470 Level 1 (10 points)

Same problem for me.

Just found a working solution from link here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-2KkI22gE&feature=relmfu

You only need to add a missing folder "Images" to the hidden User library (via Finder - Go - Opt key). Start iPhoto or Aperture with faces, stop, and start contacts. Your option faces appears with all faces from iPhoto.

Hope this help !

Hervé

Hervé,

That's a good video, and your suggestion was spot on. However, it's not a perfect solution if a picture does not have the same name reference as the address, it will NOT show up (Faces will not appear in the dialog box).

An example of where you might want this to work... Say you have a picture titled as different name (e.g., your kids) and you want your iPhoto pic in an addressbook entry with your name: No-go! I didn't try the Facebook example he gave in the video, but surely it works the same. Life used to be so simple when you could any old picture in there. And it still is on the Cloud!

• petitsuix Level 1 (10 points)

Perfect solution, thanks a lot! Once again, your like is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-2KkI22gE&feature=relmfu

and did solve my problem!