4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 5:44 AM by FtLauderdaleFLBoy
FtLauderdaleFLBoy Level 1 (0 points)

I have around 3,000 files that iTunes as screwed up the song title, album names, track numbers, and file names.  But, I can see all of the information in Windows Explorer.  Is there a way I can make iTunes use THAT information, rather than the file name?


iPhone 4S, Windows XP
  • turingtest2 Level 9 (68,643 points)

    My script TagFromFilename might help. It depends on exactly what you're looking at in Windows Explorer and what is going wrong in iTunes. Perhaps some further description or screenshots would make the picture clearer.

     

    tt2

  • FtLauderdaleFLBoy Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks...Here's the files.  the titles are all screws up (as in iTunes, but you can see the real titles, tracks, and albums, when viewing the details in Windows Explorer.  Any help is appreciated!  I've spent hours trying to get this straightned out.

    iTunes Screw Up.JPG

  • turingtest2 Level 9 (68,643 points)

    Hi. My script is no good for that. It is expecting files of the form <Artist>\<Album>\## <Name> whereas what you have is <Artist> <Album> ## <Name> <Genre> with no clues as to exactly where to split the text.

     

    You may have better luck working with with either mp3tag or MediaMonkey. My guess is that the files have multiple tags and iTunes is reading a rubbish set while Windows Explorer shows useful info. You want to get the good data into a single id3v2.3 tag.

     

    tt2

  • FtLauderdaleFLBoy Level 1 (0 points)

    I figured it out!  I did a search and moved all 3000 files of the "unknown" albums into the same files.  I right clicked, went to "properties", and then deleted the information in the field "encoded by".  I then re-imported into iTunes, which fixed everything.