Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is your Blackberry no longer syncing?

After upgrading to ML, my Blackberry Curve 8520 would no longer sync calendar items and tasks correctly. Connecting a BB to a Mac is always a shaky proposition, but I was able to figure it out and thought I'd pass this along.

Symptoms

Using Mountain Lion, Blackberry, and Desktop Manager 2.4, calendar items and tasks either aren't synced at all, or only partially synced. I'm NOT using iCloud yet – when I tried using a BB with iCloud, nothing worked at all. I think the two aren't compatible.

Remedy (worked for me, may not for you)

1. Back up everything – both your Mac and your phone
  2. In Calendar, export the calendars you want by right-clicking on the calendar and exporting the file, probably to your desktop. Then delete all calendars.
  3. Unsubscribe from all subscriptions, Google calendars, etc. You may want to copy the subscription address down somewhere. Also remove any accounts you have in the Preferences (after making a note of what they are so you can add them back).
  4. At this point, you should have NO calendars in the left area. Now close Calendar
  5. In Finder, option-click GO, then Library, and find the Calendars folder. It should have some folders with long number/letter combinations. Look through these, in the Events folder within each, and find the one(s) that has your tasks in it. DON'T delete these folders, but delete everything else in the /library/calendars/ folder. (You did remember to back up first, right?) Optionally, you can move all this to the desktop instead of deleting. In other words, you're keeping the Calendars folder and the Tasks folder(s), but tossing the rest.
  6. Re-open Calendar. You may need to delete the default Work and Home calendars that are there. Double-click on each of the .ics folders you saved on your desktop in step 2. You want each of them to open in a New Calendar, not an existing one.
  7. Re-subscribe to all subscriptions, and add all accounts back in Preferences
  8. It should all work now. The first time you sync, you may want to tell Desktop Manager to "delete all Calendar/Tasks from the phone" before syncing.
  9. If your tasks still don't work, then start over at step 2, but in step 5, move everything to the desktop, including the tasks folder(s). Then in Step 6, you'll need to navigate to the Events folder within the Tasks folders that you've saved on your desktop and double-click on all the tasks that you want added back in. Or if you don't have many tasks, then just add them manually.
  10. If you mess everything up and nothing works, restore your /Library/Calendars/ folder from your backup.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 8 Gb RAM

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 11:59 AM

There are no replies.

Is your Blackberry no longer syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.