Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add users & groups from my Active Directory

I have bound my new Mountain Lion server to our AD. When I click to add users from AD it shows me no users to add. Pretty much a newbie to OS X Server so if there are tutorials or docs that can help me get this set up so it talks to our AD and sees users/groups that would be great! Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 1:38 PM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2012 10:45 AM in response to 105437

Okay, I'm really starting to wonder what's going on with ML OS X Server. What else do I need to do other than bind this server to my AD to get users to show up so I can add them? The server is bound properly (i.e. a domain account can log into the server locally) and I have used the Network Utility to Lookup machines in our AD by both machine name and IP successfully.

Is there any documentation that I can refer to? Thanks!

Aug 7, 2012 7:50 PM in response to 105437

Update... so I deleted the local admin account I was using to run Server and WGM. Created a new local admin account and now I'm able to launch WGM without error. I have now authenticated to the AD and can see AD users, groups and computers.

Now, am I able to apply managed prefs to these AD computers (Macs that are bound to AD) or do I have to add computers to the local LDAP 127.0.0.1 directory and then apply managed prefs?

Thanks

How do I add users & groups from my Active Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.