Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing over wifi

I'm having a problem with a group of Macbooks involving screen sharing. They've all been configured with screen sharing and a VNC password. I can VNC into all the Macs just fine when they're all hard wired with a cat6 cable, but when I try to VNC into them when they are using the wifi radio, the wifi disconnects immediately after successful VNC auth. It doesn't matter what platform I try from or which client i'm using. All Macs except for 2 are 10.7, although this issue happens on 10.8 as well.

Any idea what's going on here?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4), screen sharing, wifi, vnc

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 1:57 PM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2013 7:54 AM in response to NoidMac

Just found this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4165119?answerId=19176937022#19176937022

It explains that the WiFi connection is turned off when the session is locked by default.

This is primarily what happened when you connect from VNC, the current session is locked and the login screen is shown through the VNC connection.

Form what I understand, the only workaround to this would be that Apple adds an option to do not disable the Wifi connection when the session is locked.

Screen sharing over wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.