Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop and WildBlue Excede

I am trying, without luck, to get Remote Desktop to work with WildBlue Excede. Can port forwarding be established with their Surfbeam2 Satellite Modem? If so, what are the port numbers, and how is it done?

Has anyone had success in setting up Apple Remote Desktop and WildBlue?

WildBlue Technical Support said they do not provide static IP addresses, so it couldn't be done. Something tells me that is not true.

Has anyone had any luck with WildBlue?

Many thanks

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Running the new 10.7

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Hi Paul,

Are you trying to connect to a computer that's connect to the internet with wildblue excede? or are you trying to connect to a computer some where else while your connect to the internet with wildeblue excede?

Ether way, have you considered an altertive solution? For instance LogMeIn?

2 replies

Aug 2, 2012 6:33 PM in response to TeenTitan

My Mac is the Admin computer, it is a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion, connected by ethernet to a cable modem. The client computer is a MacBook running Lion, and it is connected to a DSL modem by ethernet. I know about logmein, but want to try Apple first. I may have to go that route.

My struggle now is establishing port forwarding on the Time Capsule. I have not found documentation on how to do this in Mountain Lion.

Apple Remote Desktop and WildBlue Excede

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.