Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages for iOS synced with an android phone?

two years ago i purchased a droid incredible because i thought that the iphone wouldn't be coming to my carrier verizon for a long time. 30 days later i read that the iphone would be going to verizon, right after my return period had just ended. so i have been stuck with this inferior phone, but my contract is finally up, now i am waiting for the iphone 5 to be released so i can switch back to the good stuff.

in the meantime, is there a way to connect my android phone to the Messages app somehow so i can sync my phone with my macbook pro and my ipad? i think this is an amazing feature that i can't wait to use with the iphone but would love, if possible, to start using it now if there is a way.

thankfully it will not be long, lesson learned - have patience or you end up with an android phone!

thanks,

bacon

not sure if this is important, but i have upgraded to mountain lion, use a 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo macbook pro and an ipad 2. the droid incredible is running android 2.3.4 with HTC Sense.

<Edited by Host>

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 10:12 AM

I'm not aware of any way to use Messages along side an Android phone. I doubt it's even possible seeing how Messages is tied to an Apple ID.

However, you can use the free Android app called AirDroid, which allows you to manage your phone in a number of ways simply by connecting to it through the web browser on your Mac or iPad. This should basically let you do what you want.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2012 10:12 AM in response to baconcheddardeluxe

I'm not aware of any way to use Messages along side an Android phone. I doubt it's even possible seeing how Messages is tied to an Apple ID.

However, you can use the free Android app called AirDroid, which allows you to manage your phone in a number of ways simply by connecting to it through the web browser on your Mac or iPad. This should basically let you do what you want.

Messages for iOS synced with an android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.