Skip navigation

Safari will not remember home page

292 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 7:44 PM by mwheelerk RSS
mwheelerk Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 2, 2012 10:35 PM

This actually happened when I originally upgraded to Lion but has continued with Mountain Lion.  I have a Mac Mini and an iMac and this occurs on both computers.  When I open Safari rather than going to the home page as it did with Snow Leopard it returns to the last page I visited.  I checked Safari preferences and it shows my home page as set properly.  Is there any other thing that needs to to set in preferences so Safari opens to the home page?  I have cleared history, reset Safari and anything else I can think of but it continues ot return to the last page visited.  What am I missing?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8GB RAM
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,225 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 11:09 PM (in response to mwheelerk)

Try troubleshooting the Safari .plist (preferences) on one of the Macs.

Quit Safari then open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Safari.plist file to the Desktop.

Relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, move the .plist file to the Trash. If not, move it back to the Preferences folder.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.