Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari will not remember home page

This actually happened when I originally upgraded to Lion but has continued with Mountain Lion. I have a Mac Mini and an iMac and this occurs on both computers. When I open Safari rather than going to the home page as it did with Snow Leopard it returns to the last page I visited. I checked Safari preferences and it shows my home page as set properly. Is there any other thing that needs to to set in preferences so Safari opens to the home page? I have cleared history, reset Safari and anything else I can think of but it continues ot return to the last page visited. What am I missing?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 10:35 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2012 11:09 PM in response to mwheelerk

Try troubleshooting the Safari .plist (preferences) on one of the Macs.

Quit Safari then open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Safari.plist file to the Desktop.

Relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, move the .plist file to the Trash. If not, move it back to the Preferences folder.

Aug 3, 2012 7:44 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to reply. I followed your instruction but unfortunately that did not resolve the issue. It appears as soon as I launched Safari it recreated another com.apple.Safari.plist in Finder. I dragged the original back into finder and told it to replace the newer. It is pretty weird that it is on both of my computers making me wonder if it is something with my internet service and Lion and/or Mountain Lion.

Safari will not remember home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.