2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 11:30 AM by Chris CA
designer_02 Level 1 Level 1
expertise.desktops
Desktops

I am trying to organize my songs.  I have a number of songs on playlist in iTunes that I would like to transfer to iTunes.  So far none of my attempts have been successful.  How can I do this?

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • SeaBeast Level 4 Level 4

Your questions doesn't make much sense when I try to understand what you are trying to accomplish here.

Your title make reference to the Finder.  I wouldn't suggest you bother too much about the Finder since iTunes will manage pretty efficienly the files to follow the information your enter in iTunes (ie. create folder per artist and per album title).  This article pretty much explain it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3847

In your post you mention playlist vs iTunes.  It doesn't make sense since your playlist ARE in iTunes.  Playlist does not organize anything, they are more like shortcut to your songs that already are in iTunes.

If this does not answer your question, try to precise what you are trying to do.

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

designer_02 wrote:

I am trying to organize my songs.  I have a number of songs on playlist in iTunes that I would like to transfer to iTunes.

They are already in iTunes.

To copy songs from iTunes, drag them from the iTunes windowd to a folder on the desktop.