Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log and Transfer problem with MXF files

Hi, folks. I've spent an hour searching the threads, but I haven't found an answer to my problem (or anyone who's had the same problem). Please help if you can!

We're using the Canon XF300 and we tested some footage a couple weeks ago. We ingested it into Final Cut Pro (7.0.3) using Log and Transfer (after installing the Canon plugin) and it all came through perfectly. Worked without a problem.

Now, we have a week's worth of field footage, captured exactly the same way, transferred to the same hard drive, exactly the same as the test footage...

See what I'm getting at? EVERYTHING has been done the same. Identical.

And yet the new footage is not being recognized in the Log and Transfer window.

Instead, this is what's happening:

User uploaded file

What gives? Everything we're doing is identical to the testing we did a couple weeks ago. Like I said, I've searched the forums, read a couple dozen threads, followed the Creative Cow link mentioned in several of them. I must be missing something. Please fill in the gap for me. Thank you!

Like I said before, we've downloaded the Canon plugin, imported test footage at ProRes 422, watched it, edited it, enjoyed it. But now our new footage is unrecognizable by FCP. And the directory structure is identical to that of the test footage.

Sigh...

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 8:56 AM

5 replies

Aug 3, 2012 1:46 PM in response to prov

UPDATE --

The field producers transferred the footage incorrectly. They left off the master directory and went in 1 directory too far.

Yes, David, the frame rate was all the same (30p).

Russ... I imagine you were going to say something along the lines of "MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE ENTIRE DIRECTORY." Leave nothing behind.

Now... the question is... can I create a new CONTENTS folder and simply drag the CLIPS folder into it?

Log and Transfer problem with MXF files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.