Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Mail changes

I notice that the DRAFT option has disappeared. I lost many messages before learning to use it, so I have to wonder why it was taken away. Is it simply that you can't lose messages from Mountain Lion's Mail? if not, can I restore DRAFT, or at least take some measure to protect messages that have not yet been sent? Losing a message that you have painstakenly composed before you are ready to mail it can be a real blow, one that can end in not sending anything. Having to recompose something is not always an acceptable option.

I have other questions about Mountain Lion's Mail, but I'll ask them in other posts, since you get better results by not asking too many questions at one time. They get overlooked.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 11:08 AM

10 replies

Aug 3, 2012 12:01 PM in response to Joseph Delaney

Joseph Delaney wrote:

"Drafts" is still there, at least on my system.

Try opening a new message, add a "to" address and a little bit of body text, then save and close it. Does the "Drafts" folder now show for you?

---

Yes, it did, but that's a very poor substitute for the old DRAFT button. Well, no sense in griping about it any longer. That's just the way things are now. Thanks for your help.

Aug 3, 2012 12:14 PM in response to captfred

captfred wrote:

My Draft folder and options are still there. Check in Mail > Preferences > Accounts tab > highlight account on the left > Mailbox Behaviors tab > check Store draft messages on the server

----

Maybe I misunderstood something. I didn't quite understnd what you meant by "highlight account on the left," unless you are referring to "my E-mail server, which is Earthlink. Anyway, from there I went to "Mailbox Behaviors tab," but I couldn't find "Store draft messages on the server".

Aug 3, 2012 12:34 PM in response to Niku

You won't find the "store draft messages on the server" option, because you are accessing Earthlink using the "POP" method. When you use POP, everything is always stored on your own computer.

But it doesn't matter anyway, and wouldn't help you - you didn't mention that you were looking for the draft button in your original post, and everyone has been trying to help you find your draft folder. The button is gone (actually, I never knew it ever existed before). It's plain old "save" from now on.

Feb 22, 2013 3:21 AM in response to Joseph Delaney

i have two draft folders:

one under general Drafts folder with subfolders as Yahoo, Gmail, Uni, etc. and another copy of each under the individual mail boxes of these Yahoo, Gmail, etc.

That's alright as it looks like the main Drafts folder is consolidating all the drafts so we can see them in one place.

However the problem is, the messages in my Yahoo drafts folder in Yahoo's mailbox section open as messages, not as drafts. I cannot edit them. On the other hand, the Yahoo folder under the general/main Drafts folder does not have those same draft messages as in the Yahoo's own drafts folder.

Does this mean I have synchronization problems?

"Store drafts in server" option in preferences is checked.

May 18, 2014 11:00 AM in response to incagraphy

Can I join in? I have Mail on a Mac mini with Mountain Lion (OS 10.8.5). A Drafts folder (with 's' on the end) sometimes appears. Often it has gone. It does not spontaneously reappear if I save a message. I can make it reappear from the 'Mailbox' menu at the top of the window, but how can I persuade it to be there permanently?

I have three mail accounts: BT Internet, gmail and my college account. Under BT Internet, there is a long list of folders, including Draft (without the 's'). There is never anything in this folder, whether or not I save a message I am writing. Under the other two accounts, there is no Draft folder at all. I should be grateful for an explanation.

I have 'Save on server' checked in Preferences for all three accounts.

Thank you in anticipation.

May 22, 2014 3:22 AM in response to Michael Graubart

I have to correct the above a little. A draft folder does appear occasionally under gmail.

But the important thing is that when I save an incomplete message (e.g. in my main BT Intrernet account), the Drafts folder does not appear, and I have to rooting around in the 'Mailbox' menu to make the Drafts folder appear and allow me to find my message again. Any help in making the Drafts folder appear spontaneously when a message is saved would be grateflly appreciated.

Mountain Lion Mail changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.