Skip navigation

Mountain Lion Mail changes

4737 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 3:21 AM by incagraphy RSS
Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 3, 2012 11:08 AM

I notice that  the DRAFT option has disappeared. I lost many messages before learning to use it, so I have to wonder why it was taken away. Is it simply that you can't lose messages from Mountain Lion's Mail? if not, can I restore DRAFT, or at least take some measure to protect messages that have not yet  been sent?  Losing a message that you have painstakenly composed before you are ready to mail it can be a real blow, one that can end in not sending anything. Having to recompose something is not always an acceptable option.

I have other questions about Mountain Lion's Mail, but I'll ask them in other posts, since you get better results by not asking too many questions at one time. They get overlooked.

• Joseph Delaney Level 3 Level 3 (515 points)
    Aug 3, 2012 11:12 AM (in response to Niku)

"Drafts" is still there, at least on my system.

Try opening  a new message, add a "to" address and a little bit of body text, then save and close it. Does the "Drafts" folder now show for you?

• captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,225 points)
    Aug 3, 2012 11:12 AM (in response to Niku)

My Draft folder and options are still there.  Check in Mail > Preferences > Accounts tab > highlight account on the left > Mailbox Behaviors tab > check Store draft messages on the server

• Colin Robinson Level 6 Level 6 (8,290 points)
    Aug 3, 2012 11:23 AM (in response to Niku)

Still there - from the Help:

Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 19.22.31.png

• Joseph Delaney Level 3 Level 3 (515 points)
    Aug 3, 2012 12:34 PM (in response to Niku)

You won't find the "store draft messages on the server" option, because you are accessing Earthlink using the "POP" method. When you use POP, everything is always stored on your own computer.

But it doesn't matter anyway, and wouldn't help you - you didn't mention that you were looking for the draft button in your original post, and everyone has been trying to help you find your draft folder. The button is gone (actually, I never knew it ever existed before). It's plain old "save" from now on.

• incagraphy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 22, 2013 3:21 AM (in response to Joseph Delaney)

i have two draft folders:

one under general Drafts folder with subfolders as Yahoo, Gmail, Uni, etc. and another copy of each under the individual mail boxes of these Yahoo, Gmail, etc.

That's alright as it looks like the main Drafts folder is consolidating all the drafts so we can see them in one place.

However the problem is, the messages in my Yahoo drafts folder in Yahoo's mailbox section open as messages, not as drafts. I cannot edit them. On the other hand, the Yahoo folder under the general/main Drafts folder does not have those same draft messages as in the Yahoo's own drafts folder.

Does this mean I have synchronization problems?

"Store drafts in server" option in preferences is checked.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.