Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

got problem to re-install os x

Hi. i have formatted my macbook (120gb) and tried to re-install my original osx cd/dvd.during the installation process i got following error message " installation ist fehlgeschlagen das installationsprogramm konnte die benötigten zusatzdateien nicht kopieren" sorry, if i have it only in german language. i surfed through several internet forums and googled all possible sites but there wasn' t any helpful tip. according some posts i cleaned the cd and i have checked, if my startvolume is ok. does anybody have a clue how to solve my problem?

i look forward for some positive answers and many thx in advanced. if you need some more specific infos don't hesitate to msg me;)

thx

MacBook

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 2:27 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2012 6:28 PM in response to Patrick Hernandez

installation has failed: the installation program could not copy the required information

Well it appears the disk is bad.

If the disk that came with the machine says 10.0-10.6.2, then you can opt to use the white retail 10.6.3 disks sold online (not at Apple.com) or call AppleSales via phone and order it. This disk does not contin the free iLife. They should come faster.

If the disk that came with the machine says 10.6.3 or later, then you have to call Apple Sales for your computers machine specific disks, these disks do contain the free iLife. They might come slower.

If you want the 10.0-10.6.2 machine specific disks you can order them too.

Hopefully this is still all current and Apple is still selling the machine specific disks, it's in their interest to do so as one can't upgrade to 10.7 or 10.8 without them.

Things to consider before upgrading OS X

got problem to re-install os x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.