Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SAVING FILES AS UNICODE TEXT / XML / M3U / M3U8

HI, unable to find a clear explaination for what saving a file as UNICODE TEXT / XML / M3U / M3U8 is all about .... I want to archive and EXPORT music from I tunes to a external memory or a flash drive when I use the EXPORT option from the PLAYLIST I created. Now I have 4 formats to save with UNICODE TEXT / XML / M3U / M3U8 I want too save all the info of that particular song stored with I tunes (gendre, EQ, BPM, notes) the reason I'm using EXPORT is I want to remove the songs from my library after EXPORTING the song. Is there another way to TRANSFER music with all the saved info

MAC BOOK PRO

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 3:37 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2012 4:44 PM in response to TXTJ

I suggest you engade Wikipedia and Webopida, do some export experimentation and don't delete anything unless you have a few backups and sure of the results.

http://www.webopedia.com/

Most commonly used backup methods

You might be exporting the playlist itself, the songs are not included.

You can apply tags and groupings to the song files themselves that get transferred with the song file, to whereever it goes.

You'l lhave to play around and learn yourself or read a online iTunes instruction manual.

We are here to solve supoprt related issues, not engage in a huge educational endeavor. 🙂

SAVING FILES AS UNICODE TEXT / XML / M3U / M3U8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.