Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync existing Notes from iPhone to Mac?

how to sync existing noted from iPhone to Mac?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 6:13 PM

You can sync them to your Mac using iCloud. On you phone go to Settings>iCloud and turn Notes to On. On you Mac go to System Preferences>iCloud and check Notes. Your notes will be synced to the Notes app in Mountain Lion.

11 replies

Aug 4, 2012 11:42 AM in response to JAGofNJ

Open Notes on your Mac and confirm that you are viewing notes from iCloud and not On My Mac. To do this, tap the left button at the bottom to show the list of folders on the left sidebar (see red circle in image below), then be sure you have selected the Notes under iCloud. Also confirm that you are signed into the same iCloud account on both your Mac and your phone.

User uploaded file

Aug 9, 2012 5:23 AM in response to AlienWarrior75

An expert from the Express Lane confirmed me that each of the EXISTING notes has to be COPIED manually, then PASTED to a new notes in the iCloud. From the iCloud, the newly cloned notes would be propagated to each of the iPxxxx devices.

That means, there is NO WAY to sync EXISTING notes from iPhone to Mac. At least this is the truth for iOS 5.1 to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Jul 2, 2015 10:49 AM in response to JAGofNJ

Hey, I was trying to get my notes on the iphone to sync with my macbook pro.

I was using a different email account on iphone than the one that was setup to syn with macbook prol

Here's what FIXED IT:

Open iphone notes app

Hit the <Accounts button on top left

Verify correct email account is selected, if not copy and paste notes to correct folder then it will sync

how to sync existing Notes from iPhone to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.