Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't verify the identity of the website.

Hello,

I have been having this problem in my home. I have 2 macbook pro's, an iMac and external hard drive connected to my home network. We all get this message every 2 days or so. "Safari can't verify the identity of the website." It happens alot with google, gmail, facebook and groupon. Then it takes me an access denied white screen. I need to restart my computer and at times that works, if not I have to wait a while and then it works. It seems that it only happens in my network. When I use my macbook pro some place else, it never happens. There are times when I am redirected to a yahoo developer page, with programing code. Any help on how to fix it? Is it a network virus? Please help! Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 6:36 PM

5 replies

Oct 21, 2012 8:37 AM in response to Cesar Perez

i have this problem too i read somewhere to unplug your router and modem at the same time (i unplug it from the port on the actual hardware) for 2 minutes a plug them back in, may solve the problem, but still dont know how to totally solve the problem. maybe i need to get a new router or modem? good luck. if you find out more please let me know thanks.

Oct 21, 2012 3:54 PM in response to shauncooper27

It didnt help to do that. I think that there is some kind of bug in the network. It only happens when I am connected to my home network and with ALL OS X systems. When I use my laptop in other networks, I never get that error. I also have a external hard drive attached to the router. So, I am leaning towards thinking that the bug/virus is in there and propagates itself through the network.

Safari can't verify the identity of the website.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.