Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Hosted Exchange and OpenDNS with Mail App

Just in case anyone is using a hosted exchange e-mail setup with OpenDNS at home...

My Mail app worked fine at work, but when I used it on my home LAN (which uses OpenDNS) it gave me certificate errors and errors with the internal & external servers. Needless to say, it was very frustrating. I didn't want to just go back to my ISP's DNS servers since I need OpenDNS to filter content for the younger ones in my household.

The solution is simple. In OpenDNS under Dashboard and Settings, go to your network, then click on "Advanced Settings" on the left side. In the "Exceptions for VPN users" area, click on "Manage". Add your internal and external mail servers (under account information tab for your Exchange mail account in Preferences) and wait about 3-5 minutes. You should now be able to recieve e-mail from your hosted exchange e-mail server into the Mail app on your Mac while still using OpenDNS.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 7:11 PM

There are no replies.

Using Hosted Exchange and OpenDNS with Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.