Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion and Parallels 7

I am not sure people here can help but it is worth a try.

I upgraded my wife's 13" MBP (mid 2011) to Mountain Lion this morning. Everything went well except Parallels 7 will not launch. It is listed on Parallels' site and on Roaringaps as compatible with Mountain Lion. The dock icon and the icon in the applications folder have a universal stop sign (circle with a slash through it) positioned on them. I get one of two error messages when trying to Launch it. Either it says the program is not supported on this Mac or not supported by this OS. We had Parallels 7 working nicely in Lion. I did not get a message about incompatble software at the end of the upgrade and I do not have an incompatible software folder at the root level of her home folder.

I've tried the following without success.

Logged in as another user

Restarted in Safe Mode

Reset PRAM

Pulled all the Parallels plists from the ~/Library/Preferences folder then logged out and back in again

Searched the Console app for strings containing the word Parallels and there are no results.

I can dowload Parallels 7 again but am not sure what would happen to our Windows 7 files if I repalced it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Parallels 7? I submitted the issue to the Parallels forum but so far there are no asnwers. This is the fourth Mac I upgraded to Mountain Lion in the past few days and the only one with Parallels 7 on it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jay

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 7:06 PM

4 replies

Mountain Lion and Parallels 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.