Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore a missing recovery partition in Mountain Lion so I can activate Find My Mac?

I am missing my Recovery Partition on my MacBook Pro (Retina), so I cannot activate Find My Mac. How can I restore the missing recovery partition?

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 6:24 PM

By installing or reinstalling OSX (Mountain Lion, Lion, etc)

11 replies

Jan 7, 2013 7:39 AM in response to Gin Tonyx

That's a neat script. Granted reinstalling should not break applications and other features in the current installation so it is still the recommended choice, but if you have a system backed up and would like to give that script a try, then go ahead. With a Time Machine backup you can more easily play with various approaches without fear that you will lose your data. Even though reinstalling OS X has been tested to work by folks, it is not guaranteed and in some (albeit rare cases) has broken people's application installations or exacerbated relatively hidden problems that resulted in subsequent crashes and other issues. In essence, anything's possible when you modify the system, so just be sure you have a full and restorable backup, and you should be good to go.

Jan 7, 2013 8:21 AM in response to Gin Tonyx

Gin Tonyx wrote:

Kessler, thx for your insight. That helped me.

[personal]

Csound: I read the terms. Section 3 of the submissions rules says "Post constructive […] questions. Unless otherwise noted, your Submission should […] be a technical support question […]."

I don't see where I went wrong. Maybe you could get off my back, please. Willya?

[/personal]

You should have kept reading until item 5

5. Test your answer. When possible, make sure your Submission works on your own computer before you post it.

How do I restore a missing recovery partition in Mountain Lion so I can activate Find My Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.