Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scaled 1080p while AirPlay mirroring

I have a 2012 MacBook Air (11-inch) and noticed that if using AirPlay mirroring to an ATV2, if I choose the resolution that is "best for this computer," the display on my MacBook screen increases to a scaled 1080p. If I choose the other option, it changes to a scaled resolution smaller than the native. Even stranger, if I then turn off AirPlay, my MacBook stays on the scaled 1080p resolution, even though this isn't an available option in the display preferences. Anybody else having this issue? I'm also having some issues with the display brightness and keyboard backlight, so I think an SMC rest might be in order anyway.

While the text is quite small and things are a little fuzzy, I kind of like having such a dense resolution on my 11-imch screen. I almost wish this were an actual option.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion, 11-inch

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 5:58 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2012 4:09 PM in response to Sean Atkinson

I noticed this too, and I think it's a cool feature to have . Sometimes I need that much resolution and I don't need to read that much, so it's perfect. I'm trying to figure out how to add that (and other) resolutions to the list of available resolutions for the internal display. I've googled around and haven't found anything on it yet, but I suspect that I can do this at the command prompt. I'll post whatever I find here.

Scaled 1080p while AirPlay mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.