Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders and notification center messed up

Strange thing: Just recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and the first few days the Notification Center showed my upcoming Reminders very well. But on starting up my MBPro today, the NC is showing only one task, and that from OmniFocus! My Reminder tasks do not show up at all! I went into OmniFocus and deleted all my tasks [since I'm now using Reminders all the time, I needed to do that anyway] and deleted the old OF sync calendar in Calendar [since OF doesn't support syncing to Calendar anymore]. BTW- OF is not available in the NC preferences, so that is not the problem.

My iPad and iPod are showing the tasks in Reminder as they should be. It is just that NC in Mountain Lion that is messed up.

Any suggestions as to what may be happening? Any ideas how to rectify the situation?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.66 Ghz, 8G Ram

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:05 AM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2012 7:13 PM in response to prider57

I've had some problems with Notifications and Reminders. iphone4 and MacBook running Mountain Lion.

I sent a test from my phone, it shows up in Reminders on my mac, however not in Notificatons on my Mac.

I sent tests back and forth and found that Reminders were not showing up in Notifications on my Mac.

My solution:

Sign out of iCloud on your Mac, delete everything when prompted. Don't worry, it's all stored in the cloud so you'll get it all back.

Then, delete your account on you iOS device. Turn off your iPhone/iPad.

Then, turn on you iOS device and sign in to iCloud.

Then, sign in to iCloud on you Mac.

Everything shoud work.

Let me know if this works for anyone?

Oct 14, 2012 4:42 AM in response to prider57

Seems we're talking about different things. My main concern was that OmniFocus reminders were showing up in the notification center even though I removed all tasks in OmniFocus and in fact had not used it for some time. That issue has resolved itself. Others may want to start a new discussion based on their particular issue.

Reminders and notification center messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.