Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does applecare plus cover?

My ipad is currently under the 1 year warranty, but that will expire soon. The screen is completely damaged and missing the home button. How much will it cost to replace the ipad under warranty right now, I have heard it was $250? (it is a 16gb ipad 2) Also, Applecare plus is $100 from what I have seen. Does applecare plus cover damaged screens? So would it be cheaper alternative to buy applecare plus and then replace the screen under that, or is that not allowed? Thank you

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:59 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:12 AM in response to KikiMarie

Sorry, it looks like you have 30 days after purchase to buy applecare:

AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPhone. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPhone, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPhone purchase date and confirm that your iPhone has no pre-existing damage

What does applecare plus cover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.