Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting macbook to imac?

how do i connect my macbook to my new imac to transfer data, files across etc. which cable do i need?😕

many thanks for any info

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:43 AM

It would help to know which one of the 9 different models of MacBook you have. To see which model you have go to the Apple in the upper left corner and select About This Mac, then click on More Info (and then System Report if you’re running 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion). When System Profiler comes up check the Model Identifier and post it back here.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2012 7:43 AM in response to Rosalucy

It would help to know which one of the 9 different models of MacBook you have. To see which model you have go to the Apple in the upper left corner and select About This Mac, then click on More Info (and then System Report if you’re running 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion). When System Profiler comes up check the Model Identifier and post it back here.

connecting macbook to imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.