Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime contacts

After upgrading to Mountain Lion without any problems, my contacts will not sync with Facetime. I'm logged in properly. The iCloud is active on the desktop WRT contacts.

Am I missing anything?

Is anyone else having this problem?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:29 AM

7 replies

Aug 20, 2012 7:26 AM in response to di2tri

Both imessages and facetime are not working on my late model 2012 macbook pro with Mt Lion installed.

Neither app allows sign in from my cloud account. I also have a second developer account and AIM account using the same email address and cannot change them to another. Any changes say the mails are already in use. Mountain Lion really was not well tested before release it seems. I've spent over 40 hours with senior tier engineer on this to no avail.

Sep 12, 2012 7:42 PM in response to ArtCarty

I still have this problem. My Facetime contact list isn't linked with my Apple Contacts app. Facetime contact shows nothing and I cannot create new contact from Facetime.

Apr 11, 2013 9:40 AM in response to RKUMD

I realize this thread is old, but here is the solution:

• Quit FaceTime
  • Open finder and go to ~/Library/Containers (you can right click the Finder icon and select Go To Folder option)
  • Remove the com.apple.FaceTime folder
  • Open FaceTime - Your contacts should now show up.

If you are not comfortable with deleting the com.apple.FaceTime folder, you can copy/move it somewhere first. When FaceTime runs again it will create the folder if it is missing.

Facetime contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.