Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Do not import duplicate images' does not work

For some weird and frustrating reason, the 'Do not import duplicates' checkmark doesnt seem to be functioning. Over the past few weeks, I have ended up importing duplicate and triplicate copies of images even though the checkmark on 'Do not import duplicate images' is checked. I dont know why this is happening.

My import settings are customized, but then this was done long before i started facing this problem.

I usually dont delete images till my card is full, and this results in duplicates before everytime I import images from a new shoot, images from the previous shoot also get imported, unless I manually deselect them.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:08 AM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2012 1:02 AM in response to hibhaven

Yes, that problem has been reported by several users. There is no fix right now, afaik.

Please send a bug-report to Apple from the Aperture menu in Aperture's main menu bar: "Provide Aperture Feedback"

Do you rename your images on import? The duplicate check compares the filenames, so it cannot work, if you rename the originals.

Added: Is your signature current? If you are really using Aperture with MacOS 10.7.1 perhaps you should upgrade to a more recent version. And what is your aperture version? For me "Do not import Duplicates" works, when importing from the disk, but not always when importing from the card.

Regards

Léonie

Aug 7, 2012 12:11 AM in response to léonie

Leonie,

Yes I rename my files while importing. But I have been doing that for a while now, didnt face this issue earlier. Not sure what you mean by 'Signature'?.

I upgraded to ML a few days ago, so my sys config is MacOS 10.8 & Aperture is 3.3.2 (I've been facing this issue even before i upgraded to ML, so I dont think its related to ML).

I always import directly from my camera (i.e. card) and this issue seems to have cropped up somewhere after the release of Aperture 3.3.

Also, I have sent f/b to Apple on this issue (n vow, they seem to be collecting customer profile data thru this f/b. Look at the number of irrelevant questions they have).

cheers, Bhaven

'Do not import duplicate images' does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.