Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPod touch 4 and I have backed it up and soon I am gonna get an iPhone 4s can I restore everything on my iPod to my new iPhone

I have an iPod touch 4 and I have backed it up and soon I am gonna get an iPhone 4s can I restore everything on my iPod to my new iPhone

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Thanks

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:27 AM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2012 8:34 AM in response to Crüe fan Dan

Yes you can do this by simply syncing everything which was on the iPod to a computer and then transferring all music, applications etc to the iPhone.

Make sure your Apple ID/email is signed in on the new phone too and you should get all your notes and emails etc. as well.

However some details such as email & password will not be copied and must be re-entered.

Progress in most games will also not be saved (unless it uses a login system) and you will have to start over as if you had just purchased the game.

Aug 4, 2012 8:38 AM in response to Jon P D

If you restore the iPhone from the backup of the iPod they everything will transfer except keychain items like passwords. Keychain items will only restore to the same device.

If you restore via USB/iTunes you need all yjhr app to be ion the iTunes library since synced medial like apps and music are not in the backup. If the apps are not in the iTunes library there is no place for the app data to be restored to. Your gam progress will be restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.