Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina Trackpad Not Working

Having a major problem with my trackpad on the MBP Retina - this morning it started acting very erratic and random, not letting me click all the time, and moving on its own. I'm going to call Apple right away and get an appointment, but I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to this situation, as it's a pretty urgent problem for me. Thanks for any and all help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 10:09 AM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2013 8:50 AM in response to emeraldandlime

FWIW:

I had a similar problem. Over the phone, they told me to reinstall the OS, but that didn't solve the problem. The trackpad sometimes went back to being okay, and I think it was after a few hours where I didn't touch the computer, but then it would get stuck again and be impossible to use. I suspected that it was hardware and may have something to do with heat (see below). So I took it to the Apple store where they kept it for 4.5 days, and replaced the whole case. (The bill said $310, but I have Apple Care, so no charge).

It's worth noting that my previous MacBook (2007, 17") had a similar problem at some point, which was due to the battery heating up and warping the frame under the track pad. I suspect that here it's a similar problem.

Macbook Pro Retina Trackpad Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.