Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought my macbook pro november 2011 and I still cannot use my toshiba external hard drive. what updates do i need to get?

I don't know my operating system. I bought it in nov of 2011. I am trying to axcess a toshiba external hard drive. what new update do I need to get?

Mac Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 9:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2012 8:25 PM in response to Ronna Eddins

You can find out your current system version by select About This Mac from the Apple menu. To make sure it is updated, select Software Update from the Apple menu. A Mac from Nov. 2011 is probably running "Lion," and the latest version of Lion is Mac OS X 10.7.4.

But that should not affect the connection of an external hard drive. There are no special updates for connecting standard external drives.

Does the external Toshiba drive connect by USB port? Is it the smaller type that gets power from the port (no conection except for the one cable), or is it larger (with its own power supply)?

I bought my macbook pro november 2011 and I still cannot use my toshiba external hard drive. what updates do i need to get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.