Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

win7 itunes will not open , disk locked do not have premission

I can not open Itunes get message locked disk and I have no permisssion to access .dil files will not open I have another user account on the same windows7 computer (my sons his Itunes work) but my account or partition why is it so hard to reset poperties. I have reinstalled Itunes reset security proertes found all the good files and part and pieces of files using Revo Pro Unistaller it just get worst heip?

iPad 2, Windows 7, can some write a patch to slove thi

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 12:02 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2012 12:14 PM in response to enshark69

You unistalled iTunes in this particular order correct?

• iTunes
  • QuickTime
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Quicktime may not be there so skip it to the next.

Is your user on computer admin?

If you are able to get the program to work in a different user then it is a rights issue on your account.

But, it can also be something with iTunes on your son's account. Try uninstalling from his account and reinstall on yours.

Revo is awsome but apple on windows is funky. Try uninstalling in the order listed above and if you have any complications and then use Revo to uninstall the problematic ones.

win7 itunes will not open , disk locked do not have premission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.