Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying to flash drive under Mountain Lion

I'm having problems copying files to my flash drives under Mountain Lion. It's telling me there is no space, when there is plenty. One option it gave me was to reformat the flash drive. I don't want to do that, because then I'll have trouble having Windows computers read it. Any suggestions?

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion, 2.0 ghz, Quad Core i7, 8 gbs RAM

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 11:49 AM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2012 10:08 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

It was FAT32, but I needed to copy something larger than 4gbs. The article by hpr3 helped explain why it wouldn't let me copy to it. Although, I also tried a 512MB flash drive and I had 125mbs free on it and it wouldn't let me copy a 1mb file. It also said I didn't have enough space on the flash drive. That was in FAT32 as well.

Copying to flash drive under Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.