Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is Apple going to come out with some Windows apps to run on PC like Facetime, iMessage, etc.?

I was wondering if Apple was considering to make more apps for windows like Facetime and iMessage cause i love my iPod Touch but wish we could have some more apps that run on Windows from you guys to have more that use the features I love from my iPod Touch like the apps i use above at the least. Thanks again for your time and consideration hoping you'll give it a shot Sincerely a windows and iTouch lover Charles Schafer

Windows Apps Facetime or iMessage-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 11:58 AM

5 replies

Aug 8, 2012 7:08 AM in response to thechuckmachine

Considering Apple dropped Safari on the PC side I would say Apple is not looking to add compatibility to the PC side other then iTunes, and some iCloud support. But you also have to understand Microsoft is doing very little with its software to work on Mac's. Other then Office which last I heard might go away at some point. I see no reason competing companies would want to have their software work on other operating systems unless it somehow benefits them and their users significantly. Both Apple and Microsoft create their own closed garden of Apps and services. Sad to say if you want really good compatibility and cross platform syncing your going to have to pick one.

Sep 22, 2012 8:39 AM in response to thechuckmachine

I feel you chuck machine, I have Iphone 4S, Iphone 5 Macbook 2006 Macbook Pro 2010 mid Ipad 2&3. Apple could possibly prophet from adding these apps to PC or allowing apple id users to access them from pc's maybe via Icloud...I love all my apple items but, the conventional world loves PC's so when u are @ work it would be cool access the cloud, which we can do, maybe send an imessage through there, or possibly facetime through the same portal...Just an Idea....

When is Apple going to come out with some Windows apps to run on PC like Facetime, iMessage, etc.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.