Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

amavisd-new 2.7.1

Howdy all,

I just used macports to update my ports and aparently something got messed up.

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: Using primary internal av scanner code for ClamAV-clamd

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: Found secondary av scanner ClamAV-clamscan at /opt/local/bin/clamscan

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: Deleting db files __db.001,__db.002,__db.003,__db.004,nanny.db,snmp.db in /var/amavis/db

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: Creating db in /var/amavis/db/; BerkeleyDB 0.31, libdb 4.4

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: initializing Mail::SpamAssassin (0)

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: SpamAssassin debug facilities: info

Aug 4 22:36:49 server amavis[777]: (!!)TROUBLE in pre_loop_hook: config: no rules were found! Do you need to run 'sa-update'?

But if I run sa-update, nothing happens:

server:~ tigerkr$ sudo sa-update

server:~ tigerkr$

I've tried restarting, unloading and loading the launchctl plist, etc.

Anyone found a fix? Or anyone know how to downgrade to 2.7.0 using macports? I tried following the macports guide and it didn't work. 😟

Thank you!

Mac OS X Server 10.6.8-OTHER

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:19 PM

Ok, I fixed it.

First I had to find where sa-update and spamassassin live within /opt, then I had to fix a bad perl file. Then I ran sa-update and reload the amavisd-new daemon.

server: ~tigerkr$ cd /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin/

[found where spamassassin lives]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo cp Dns.pm Dns.pm.bak

[backed up file before editing]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo nano Dns.pm

[scrolled to line 762, removed the word "defined", saved changed and exited nano]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo /opt/local/libexec/perl5.12/sa-update --nogpg --verbose

[found where sa-update lives, and now sa-update works after editing the Dns.pm above]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo -H -u _amavisd /opt/local/libexec/perl5.12/spamassassin --lint

[no problems]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.amavisd.plist

[unloaded the daemon]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.amavisd.plist

[loaded the daemon]

Hope this helps someone.

Best,

TigerKR

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2012 8:19 PM in response to TigerKR

Ok, I fixed it.

First I had to find where sa-update and spamassassin live within /opt, then I had to fix a bad perl file. Then I ran sa-update and reload the amavisd-new daemon.

server: ~tigerkr$ cd /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin/

[found where spamassassin lives]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo cp Dns.pm Dns.pm.bak

[backed up file before editing]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo nano Dns.pm

[scrolled to line 762, removed the word "defined", saved changed and exited nano]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo /opt/local/libexec/perl5.12/sa-update --nogpg --verbose

[found where sa-update lives, and now sa-update works after editing the Dns.pm above]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo -H -u _amavisd /opt/local/libexec/perl5.12/spamassassin --lint

[no problems]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.amavisd.plist

[unloaded the daemon]

server: ~tigerkr$ sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.amavisd.plist

[loaded the daemon]

Hope this helps someone.

Best,

TigerKR

amavisd-new 2.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.