Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluish tint on screen when Photoshop CS6 running

Hi!

I just bought a MacBook Pro three weeks ago. I'm running Mountain Lion. Also, I have a copy of Adobe Photoshop CS6.

Something very unusual is happening. I'm a Graphic Designer and currently doing an Interior Design major. I calibrated my monitor perfectly. But now, ever since I installed CS6, every time I open Photoshop, a bluish tint sets on the screen, affecting every program running (browsers, for example) and it's very annoying (not to mention it disrupts any color calibration). The only solution to this problem is closing Photoshop (the problem persists even if I minimize Photoshop to use another program).

I tried opening Illustrator and it works fine. Only with Photoshop this is happening.

I searched on Adobe discussion boards for similar cases and found nothing.

What's interesting, I took screenshots to send them to a friend and the screenshots don't seem to be affected by this phenomenon. It seems like something inherently from the computer, as opposed as the software.

Has anyone here seen this before? Can anyone help me out here?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Adobe CS6

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:58 PM

Never seen that before. I, too, am running PS CS6 on a MacBook Pro (late 2011) with Mountain Lion and I keep my screen calibrated primarily for Photoshop. I suspect that it's a problem with automatic graphics switching. I've seen several posts on the Mountain Lion forum about this causing a problem. What happens is that you're normally using the built-in Intel graphics card but when you open Photoshop, your NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GPU kicks in.

Try using the exceptional gfxCardStatus to set your computer to use the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M all of the time. I think that will solve your problem.

Clinton

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2012 7:58 PM in response to ValVivas

Never seen that before. I, too, am running PS CS6 on a MacBook Pro (late 2011) with Mountain Lion and I keep my screen calibrated primarily for Photoshop. I suspect that it's a problem with automatic graphics switching. I've seen several posts on the Mountain Lion forum about this causing a problem. What happens is that you're normally using the built-in Intel graphics card but when you open Photoshop, your NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GPU kicks in.

Try using the exceptional gfxCardStatus to set your computer to use the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M all of the time. I think that will solve your problem.

Clinton

Bluish tint on screen when Photoshop CS6 running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.