Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epson 630 printer driver mountain lion

Is there a printer driver available for the Epson Workforce 630? When I try to add the printer I get a dialog returned that says it can't be intalled because it is not currently available from the Software Update server. When I go to the Epson site, they have a Mountain Lion page that says software can only be installed by turning on the printer and updating through the Apple software update, which comes back the error mentioned previously. It's hard to tell if there's a current problem with the software update system or the driver software's not available yet.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:52 PM

The Epson Workforce 630 is listed as a supported printer in Apple's list.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669 for both instructions on how to get it set up as well as the list that confirms it's available.

Make sure the printer is turned on and available to be seen by your Mac (either directly connected or available on your network). Then do a software update --- I suggest trying it the old fashioned way from Menu --> Apple Logo --> Software Update.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2012 8:52 PM in response to mikeyz123

The Epson Workforce 630 is listed as a supported printer in Apple's list.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669 for both instructions on how to get it set up as well as the list that confirms it's available.

Make sure the printer is turned on and available to be seen by your Mac (either directly connected or available on your network). Then do a software update --- I suggest trying it the old fashioned way from Menu --> Apple Logo --> Software Update.

epson 630 printer driver mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.