Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used Migration Assistant to set up new Mac Mini. Transferred account no longer recognizes password. What do I do?

I took a new Mac Mini (OSX Lion) and used Migration Assistant to move the old Mac Mini (10.6) onto it. After six hours of transfer, the new Mini boots up with the same old accounts, but refuses to accept the password to log in to the only one I care about.

At this point, I am boiling with rage and frustration. How can accounts get transferred and not the password? This was a completely generic use of Migration Assistant and it has failed epically. My new computer is useless. It didn't come with a startup disk so I can't change the password from there. Apple, why would you do this to me?

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 10:51 PM

There are no replies.

Used Migration Assistant to set up new Mac Mini. Transferred account no longer recognizes password. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.