Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Camera Connection Kit doesn't work

Some time ago I ordered from the Apple Store an iPad Camera Connection Kit.

This morning, when testing it, the following happens :

- SD card reader : when testing the SD card reader with the card from our camera, the message below is displayed :

"Contents not available

Cannot read the connected storage media"

Strange, as the camera has taken hundreds of pictures, and when checking the card on my MBA I can access the card's subfolders without any problem.

- USB camera connector :This works well (with the same card as mentioned above plugged into the camera).

Does anyone have experience with the SD card reader ?

Thanks.

Note : in the iPad Camera Connection Kit documentation, reference is made to the iPad user guide. However, that user guide, a circular reference is made to the connection kit documentation.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:20 AM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2012 5:39 AM in response to pplanch

Is the SD card one that was formatted by your camera? In order for the CCK to read the card, all the photos need to be in a directory name DCIM and they need to have 8-character file names. This is the way digital cameras generally format things. However, if you put the photos on the card yourself, you might have done it differently.

I use the SD card reader quite a bit as it's easier for me than keeping track of yet another cable. Once or twice, my iPad didn't see it. A reset of the iPad fixed that. Press and hold the Home button and the power button until the silver apple appears.

iPad Camera Connection Kit doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.