You can but it's time consuming to just for running one application.
Either by using BootCamp located in /Applications/Utilities to create a partition; read here > Boot Camp User Guide I recommend reading the user guide from start to finish before proceeding.
Or by installing VMware (virtualization) software.
1. Install Boot Camp 4 if you’re running 10.7 Lion http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
or Boot Camp 3 if you’re running 10.6 snow Leopard http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777. Purchase Windows XP w/Service Pak2, Vista, or Windows 7. Follow instructions in the Boot Camp documentation on installation of Boot Camp, creating Driver CD, and installing Windows. Boot Camp enables you to boot the computer into OS X or Windows.
2. Parallels Desktop for Mac and Windows XP, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, or Windows 7. Parallels is software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
3. VM Fusionand Windows XP, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, or Windows 7. VM Fusion is software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
4. CrossOver which enables running many Windows applications without having to install Windows. The Windows applications can run concurrently with OS X.
5. VirtualBox is a new Open Source freeware virtual machine such as VM Fusion and Parallels that was developed by Solaris. It is not as fully developed for the Mac as Parallels and VM Fusion.
6. Last is Q. Q is a freeware emulator that is compatible with Intel Macs. It is much slower than the virtualization software, Parallels and VM Fusion.
I've only used Boot Camp to install Windows XP on a 32gb FAT partition on my MacBook. When I reboot in XP my MacBook becomes a Windows Laptop. I can copy files to the Mac side but can't run any programs except Windows ones, When I reboot to the Mac OS I can copy files to the Windows partition but can't run anything from there.
All the others I've heard about but haven't tried them
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points