Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed printer driver installation due to rights issue

I want to install a driver for a Kodak printer under OS Mountain Lion. My printer software is not part of the standard MacBook Air software set. I have downloaded the driver software form the Kodak support site. Yet, I cannot install the software due to a kind of rights issue. Error message (translated from German) "The security settings on your computer only permit software installations from the app store or certified developers." How can I change settings to facilitate installation of 3rd party software? Thank your for your advice!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:22 AM

System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General Tab >> Allow Applications Downloaded from Anywehre

2 replies

Aug 5, 2012 6:25 AM in response to lion_unlimited

If it is grayed out, click the pad lock icon in left lower corner to unlock this page (admin password needed).

For your own protection, remember to set the settings back to Mac App Store after you are done installing, in order to protect yourself from unwanted software or select malware installing itself without your knowledge or permission.

Failed printer driver installation due to rights issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.