Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help restoring contacts from archive

I did something dumb, and lost all contacts on mac and iCloud. I do have a contacts archive from late July created after upgrading to Mountain Lion.

When I try to import the file it appears to work, contacts appear briefly and they look like they are synching with iCloud then everything oes is blank, no contacts. At a minimum I would at least like to get them back "On My Mac". When I try and import it always tries to put them on iCloud. How can I use my archive to get contact info back on the Mac?

I also tried to import archive on iCloud with no success.

Need help!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:59 AM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2012 7:40 AM in response to Csound1

I tried dragging, get message, "no importable cards found". I know data is there, at least I think so, because when I use menu item for import, the contacts appear, but it always tries to put them in iCloud, they appear, and the disappears. I have even turned off iCloud in contacs prefs, and when I try and import, the import triggers iCloud back on.

Thanks for tip.

Need help restoring contacts from archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.