3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2012 6:38 AM by johnl927
zverko Level 1 Level 1

Please help me!

I gave my macbook air to wife, and tried to change the name of the home folder so it displeys her name. I entered as a root user, changed the name, and when she logged in again as her user, all the settings where deleted, all preferencies, iphoto library and stuff

How can i revert this?

Please help

Thank you

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion
Solved by johnl927 on Aug 5, 2012 6:31 AM Solved
Hey Zverko: Did you try to remapp the home folder in Users & Groups (System preferences), Log in as root again Navigate to system preferences and control + Click (Right-click) on the user account Click on Advanced options and then you will get this window. Then click on Choose and navigate to the home folder that you renamed.  Let me know if it works!
  • johnl927 Level 3 Level 3

Hey Zverko:

Did you try to remapp the home folder in Users & Groups (System preferences), Log in as root again Navigate to system preferences and control + Click (Right-click) on the user account

Screen-Shot-2012-08-05-at-9.22.06-AM.jpg

Click on Advanced options and then you will get this window.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-05-at-9.22.26-AM.jpg

Then click on Choose and navigate to the home folder that you renamed.  Let me know if it works!

• zverko Level 1 Level 1

John,

Do you know how much i love you right now! My wife is jelous of you because i love you more than here right now!

This is huge relief, and this helped me!

I thank you very much!

Appreciate this incredible much!

Wish you all the best my friend,

Best regards,

Darko

• johnl927 Level 3 Level 3

Anytime Darko, glad I can help!