Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after entered as root user, change of folder name delete all settings?!, after entered as root user, change of folder name delete all settings?!

Please help me!

I gave my macbook air to wife, and tried to change the name of the home folder so it displeys her name. I entered as a root user, changed the name, and when she logged in again as her user, all the settings where deleted, all preferencies, iphoto library and stuff

How can i revert this?

Please help

Thank you

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:31 AM

Hey Zverko:

Did you try to remapp the home folder in Users & Groups (System preferences), Log in as root again Navigate to system preferences and control + Click (Right-click) on the user account

User uploaded file

Click on Advanced options and then you will get this window.

User uploaded file

Then click on Choose and navigate to the home folder that you renamed. Let me know if it works!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2012 6:31 AM in response to zverko

Hey Zverko:

Did you try to remapp the home folder in Users & Groups (System preferences), Log in as root again Navigate to system preferences and control + Click (Right-click) on the user account

User uploaded file

Click on Advanced options and then you will get this window.

User uploaded file

Then click on Choose and navigate to the home folder that you renamed. Let me know if it works!

after entered as root user, change of folder name delete all settings?!, after entered as root user, change of folder name delete all settings?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.