Skip navigation

mountain lion crash reboot

2256 Views 38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 3:50 PM by palleba RSS
1 2 3 Previous Next
ianvrensburg Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 5, 2012 10:30 AM

Since I have upgraded my Macbook Pro from Snow Leapord to Mountain Lion (about a week ago), my laptop crashed 4 times. It appears this happens when I work on the Office for Mac (Outlook) application. Once it had to rebuild the database which took over an hour.

I am getting concerned because in the 2 years I've used Snow Leapord, I had no crashes at all, now in a period of a week, Ive had 4.

Can Office for Mac be the reason?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 4GB RAM Core i5 2.4GHz
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,035 points)
    Aug 5, 2012 11:29 PM (in response to ianvrensburg)

com.rim.driver.BlackBerryUSBDriverInt  

It appears this happens when I work on the Office for Mac (Outlook) application.

You're syncing Outlook with your BlackBerry ??

You can remove the BlackBerry software then test to see if you experience any more kernel panics...

Instructions here.

Their software was apparently Snow Leopard compatible so you need to check the BlackBerry site for Mountain Lion v10.8 supported drivers.

• mende1 Level 10 Level 10 (89,470 points)
    Aug 20, 2012 3:06 AM (in response to ianvrensburg)

Open > http://codykrieger.com/downloads/gfxCardStatus-2.2.1.zip Then, select the other graphic card and check if it appears

• mende1 Level 10 Level 10 (89,470 points)
    Aug 20, 2012 3:20 AM (in response to ianvrensburg)

Select the Intel HD card

1 2 3 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.